List of Qualifications – Project Experience
REPRESENTATIVE EU / EUROPEAN EXPERIENCE
- Advised two international telecom operators on merger issues under the EU merger rules and provided advocacy work; analyzed different remedy options and retail price development pre and post merger.
- Advised a European System Integrator on spectrum issues for smart-grid operations.
- Contributed to advisory work for an Industry Association on regulatory imbalances between traditional telecom operators and over-the-top players; analysed possible redress measures and areas of regulatory modernization.
- Advised an international telecom group on a new regulatory strategy.
- Contributed to advisory work for auction design and auction strategies for regulators and operators.
- Contributed to advisory work for an Industry Association on spectrum policies harmonization across Europe.
- Contributed to the development of a mission statement for an Industry Association in Europe.
- Providing marketing and sales support for software firms acting in the telecom sector.
- Providing on-going regulatory and competition analysis for several international clients.
- Advising an international quad-play operator on policy issues across several geographies.
REPRESENTATIVE MENA (MIDDLE-EAST / N-AFRICA) EXPERIENCE
- Advising a Government in a large middle-east country on a new ICT and new regulatory strategy.
- Advising a middle-east telecom operator for developing and implementing a new regulatory strategy.
- Advised a Middle-East Government on functional separation of the incumbent telecom operator.
- Acted as adviser to a North-African telecom operator on regulatory strategies and provided advocacy work for ongoing proceedings.
- Acted as an advisor in a national telecom act modernization project in the Middle-East; provided international benchmarks and best practices.
- Advising a leading middle-east telecom operator for developing and implementing a new wholesale strategy.
- Contributed to a global benchmarking exercise for a leading middle-east telecom operator to identify the impact of different regulatory regimes; delivered a report “Lessons from Europe”.
- Advising a leading middle-east telecom operator on its regulatory strategy; engaged in meetings with Ministry and Regulator to discuss international lessons learnt.
REPRESENTATIVE NORTH-AMERICAN EXPERIENCE
- Providing regulatory advice and advocacy work for an international satellite operator.
- Provided in-depth analysis and advocacy work for a North-American telecom operator on a WiFi roaming regulation proceeding.
- Provided in-depth analysis and advocacy work for a North-American telecom operator on the wireless wholesale regulation; derived a set of recommendations based on the European experience.
- Provided in-depth analysis and advocacy work for a North-American telecom operator on the wireline wholesale regulation; derived a set of recommendations based on the European experience.
REPRESENTATIVE POSTAL EXPERIENCE
- Contributed to a digitalization project for a major Postal Services Operator in Europe, aiming to expand their operation field from the traditional logistics of physical goods to a more universal operator for physical and digital exchanges in the enterprise, B2C and B2B market segments.
- Worked on the dependence of Postal Operators on the universal service and the impact of the decline of letter post.
- In the capacity as a Regulator for the Postal Sector in Austria managed expert teams and worked on typical postal related regulatory proceedings (universal service, affordability of services, retail chain related issues,..)
REPRESENTATIVE ICT / DIGITAL ECONOMY EXPERIENCE
- Advising a global digital company on regulatory issues in Europe, with special focus on spectrum and regulatory issues, Net Neutrality and Zero Rating across different geographies.
- As Chief Consultant for National Broadband Projects for a leading global ICT solution provider, advising governments and regulators on global scale.
- As the former head of a national ICT Think-Tank and ongoing as a consultant, managed expert teams and worked on several broadband strategies, national ICT and fibre rollout strategies.
- Published articles and gave speeches on the socio-economic effects of broadband, see also www.serentschy.com