List of Qualifications
This non-comprehensive list aims to describe a few illustrative examples of my advisory work in some more detail. I’m delivering part of my work in a Senior Advisor role to Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP, Arthur D. Little, EUTOP, SPECURE GmbH and other international partners. At Arthur D. Little, I’m supporting the SASCAR competence centre specializing in competition and regulatory issues.
- Advising a global digital company on regulatory issues in Europe, with special focus on Net Neutrality across different geographies.
- Advising a leading middle-east telecom operator for developing and implementing a new wholesale strategy.
- Contributed to a global benchmarking exercise for a leading middle-east telecom operator to identify the impact of different regulatory regimes.
- Advising international telecom operators on merger issues, remedy options, price analysis and providing advocacy work.
- Advised a European system integrator on spectrum issues for smart-grid operations.
- Advising a Middle-East government on functional separation of the incumbent telecom operator.
- Providing on-going regulatory and competition analysis for several international clients.
- Contributed to advisory work for an industry association on regulatory imbalances between traditional telecom operators and over-the-top players; analyzed possible redress measures and areas of regulatory modernization.
- Advising an international quad-play operator on policy issues across several geographies.
- Providing regulatory advice and advocacy work for an international satellite operator.
- Advised an international telecom group on a new regulatory strategy.
- Provided in-depth analysis and advocacy work for a North-American telecom operator on the wireless wholesale regulation; derived a set of recommendations based on the European experience.
- Provided in-depth analysis and advocacy work for a North-American telecom operator on the wireline wholesale regulation; derived a set of recommendations based on the European experience.
- Acted as adviser to a North-African telecom operator on regulatory strategies and provided advocacy work.
- Acted as an advisor in a national telecom act modernization project in the Middle-East.
- Contributed to advisory work for an industry association on spectrum policies harmonization across Europe.
- Contributed to the development of a mission statement for an industry association in Europe.
- Contributed to advisory work for auction design and auction strategies for regulators and operators
- Providing marketing and sales support for several software firms acting in the telecom sector.
Back in my time as Management Consultant and Regulator – both national and on European level – I’ve gained significant relevant experience:
- Managerial, operational and consulting experience on global scale, In-depth regulatory & competition knowledge and experience
- Spectrum issues and auctions
- Head of a national ICT Think Tank, designing ICT strategies
- Led a highly qualified auction team engaged in several auctions (SMRA and CCA method)
- Managed expert teams in the areas of market, competition and economic analysis
- Managed international cooperations in the regulatory field